Aquila Nidus continually strives to recruit and retain a team of passionate and dedicated people in teaching and administrative roles. We provide continuous professional development opportunities and team building activities to meet the needs of this diverse group of adult learners.
Our staff are guided by the following principles:
- The environment is prepared in such a way that it encourages independence and allows each child the freedom to direct their own life and explore their own path to empowerment.
- We support each child’s natural learning process by focusing on their developmental needs and interests, using the child’s “Sensitive Periods” as her guide.
- Classes are a diverse, multi-age learning community.
- We help the child cultivate concentration and respect engagement wherever it occurs.
- Learning is a springboard to spontaneous exploration and discovery, creative self-expression and community service.
- We foster balanced and broad-band human capability: spiritual awareness, ethical decision making, emotional intelligence, executive functions, social responsibility, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We provide freedom of movement and engage the senses.
- We foster cooperation not competition.
- We are always conscious of the delicate balance of freedom within limits, providing positive and respectful guidance to support the child’s development of inner discipline, strength of character, and respect for others.
- We help each child become a peaceful individual and peacemaker within the classroom, local, and global communities.
- We model a living example of “normalization” using daily reflective practices to gain self-awareness of what we bring to the classroom and to spiritually prepare herself each day for each child.
- We trust the child to show their true nature and needs through meaningful work. We observe and honour each “tiny and delicate manifestation of the opening life in the child’s soul”.
- We prepare and present the educational environment with grace, order, and patience.
All classroom leaders must possess a Montessori Diploma for the level they teach. Non-diploma holders are employed as Teaching Assistants.
Working in the background to provide a strong backbone for learning is a hard working highly dedicated team of professionals in various fields: IT, Finance, HR, Facilities Management, and more.
These two sub-teams work together, propelled by the vision and guided by a strong set of core values. Our Core values are:
- The highest level of integrity
- Respect for oneself, others and the environment
- Order. Carefully thought out organized systems and actions
- Creativity. We are a dynamic progressive organization.
- Teamwork. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
- Love of God through Jesus Christ and Love of one another.